Social, Emotional, Mental Health and Well-Being
At Oaklands we define mental well-being as a person’s happiness, life satisfaction and positive functioning.
We are passionate about making a difference to the lives of our children. We believe that collaboration is essential and promote working together, with teachers and colleagues across the school, with the wider school community and most importantly with the children in our school.
Whatever issues our children, their families, the school, our team or the community face, we will always support, react and pull together.
Mental Health Definition
“Mental health is a state of well-being in which an individual realises his or her own abilities, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and is able to make a contribution to his or her community.”
World Health Organisation, 2018
What supporting Positive Mental Health means to us:
- The child stays at the centre of every conversation.
- We prioritise those who need our help most, but we promote positive mental health with everyone.
- We embedded social, emotional and mental health awareness across the curriculum
- Children and young people are taught skills to build resilience and manage everyday stressors
- Staff wellbeing, resilience and mental health is a key focus
- We have a highly trained Pastoral Team who lead on evidence-based practice for all our interventions.
Please see Well-being and E-safety links page and Mental Health and Well-being policy under Trust policies.